Simple but Perfect Roast Potatoes
Getting those roasties perfect on Christmas day is important, we’ve put this recipe together to help you get it right! A simple, foolproof method that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even size pieces, rinse under the tap to wash away any excess starch. Tip into a large saucepan.
- Add water to the pan so it covers the potatoes and add a sprinkle of salt.
- Parboil for 6 minutes, then drain and leave for 5 minutes.
- Shake the colander, fluffing up the edge of the potatoes for that ultimate crisp.
- Carefully remove the baking tray from the oven and pour the potatoes into it. Use tongs to coat each one in the hot oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary for extra flavour.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and use tongs to turn the potatoes.
- Roast for another 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the tray using tongs, allowing excess oil to drip off and place into a pre-heated serving dish.
Do you have any tips for creating the perfect roast potatoes? Leave them in the comments!